Overcome Email Overload with Microsoft Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002
Get Through Your Electronic Mail Faster
Because it is easier to modify Outlook rules than to create them, I've
provided almost all of the rules from Chapter 3 of
Overcome Email Overload with Microsoft
Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2002 for you. To import these rules,
Note: for safety reasons, all of the rules are turned OFF in the rules
template file. You will need to put a check in the box next to a rule
to enable that rule.
- Download the rules template file
to your hard disk. Note: I had to give the file a .bin
extension to make it download properly.
When you save the disk to your hard drive, you should give the file a name that ends in .rwz.
Remember where you put it!
If just clicking on the link doesn't copy the file to your hard drive,
right-click on the
rules link, then select the following
from the pop-up menu that will appear:
|Save Link As...
||Save Target As...
||Save link document as...
- Back in Outlook, select Tools->Rules Wizard.
- Press the button marked Options....
- Press the button marked Import Rules....
- Select the rules template file that you just downloaded.
- Press OK
- Modify the rules as appropriate.
Kaitlin Duck Sherwood
Updated 2 November 2001.